Friday 6 January 2017

What drives you??

So the other day I got thinking about what drives people to succeed. It was a beautiful 30 degree day in Melbourne and I was at the local pool with my girlfriend and her family. Enjoying the sun for a few hours and we remembered that today was leg day!
Needless to say neither of us could be bothered leaving the pool on such a good day, and head to the hot gym and complete a grueling leg session.
However because we both have that drive to succeed and get things done, we left the pool and hit the gym.

As much as it sucked leaving the pool, the feeling after we left the gym was far greater...we knew that we had just done something that most people wouldn't even think of, and that we are going to be stronger tomorrow than when we woke up today!

For me it's quite simple nowadays, I know that these small sacrifices made each day are what will transform to success and greatness in my life.
It wasn't always like this though, back when I was new to all of this I would skip the gym on a nice day or when something better came up and just make up the session the following day.
Over time you learn that these skipped sessions eventually add up and are costing you! and the sooner you realize this the better.

Yeah some of you might think that I am over reacting to missing a single gym session, however I'm not just talking about one session. I'm talking about every time you are out doing something or a better offer comes up. It might not be every week that this happens, but over time you are robbing yourself of achieving the body of your dreams.
Adding to that, you're training regime should really be planned out so you know which days you are in the gym, training which muscle groups and which days are rest days for each week. When you do this, you are less inclined to miss a session because it will ruin the rest of your weeks schedule
Of course this all really depends on your commitment levels, if you're happy to just go to the gym whenever you feel like it and get average results, that is ok....it's still better than someone who doesn't go at all!

However if you are someone who is striving for greatness, it's these small decisions made each day, whether to turn up or not if it's a good day, you've got somewhere else you'd rather be, you're tired, you're not feeling the best and so on. By turning up on these days you are doing something most people don't do, and you're getting a jump on your competition.

Success is just about small decisions consistently made on a daily basis!

So guys let me know what drives you for success as I'm really interested to know.

Also I made a short video about this topic the other day after that leg session, check out my YouTube channel and be sure to subscribe :) 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjAs04nuDW1I58jwlQaGhA

Also subscribe to my blog so you never miss a post!
dwfblog.com

2017 Online Training Special - limited time only!
bit.ly/dwf2017

And as I'm about to post this, it's an ever better day in Melbourne today. 37 degrees and today is REST day....BEACH HERE I COME!!!

Talk soon guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment